I am in love with the aroma in my kitchen when I fry this beauties. Usually I am not a fan of deep fried snacks, but I think it is fine to indulge once in a while. Right? I had few friends at my place over the weekend, I was thinking of what to serve them along with ginger tea?
I had a few options on my mind like nachos chaat, but than I thought it would not pair up with tea. Other option was samosas they are my all time favourite, but I was serving Pav Bhaji for dinner, which is made with potatoes as well. If I made samosas it would be a “Only Potato Party”, so I decided to save it for some other time.
While I was pondering over, I thought of doing making something with cheese. That is how I ended up making this Cheese Croquettes or Paneer cutlets. It has a combination of two cheese, cottage cheese ( Paneer ) and processed cheese. I did not have mozzarella cheese available in my fridge. I think that would add to the goodness of this bites as well.
To cheese I have added onions and green bell pepper along with Indian spices and coated it with 3 layers of bread crumbs. While I was deep frying it my house was filled with the aroma, it smelled very festive.
This can be made ahead and stored in fridge for a day, fry it just before serving. It makes a perfect appetiser for any party or a tea time snack. Do try it out for yourself.
Makes 12 peices ( Serves 4-5 people )
1 tea spoon butter
1 big onion finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
1 tea spoon green Chilli paste
100 gms cottage cheese, grated
3 slices of processed cheese, grated
2 table spoon corriender leaves
Bread crumbs to roll
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
1 tea spoon red chilli powder
1/2 tea spoon garam masala
1 tea spoon cumin powder
1 tea spoon corriend powder
2 tea spoon all pourpose flour ( Mainda )
50 ml water
Salt to taste
1 tea spoon Chilli powder
1) Heat a pan add butter, once it melts add onions and green bell pepper and saute it.
2) Next add green chilli paste and grated paneer to the it and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
3) Transfer mixture into a plate and let it cool down next add all the “Spices” listed.
4) Add coriander leaves and cheese, mix together.
5) Roll it out into long sticks or bite size balls.
6) In a big bowl add all ingredients listed under “Slurry” and make a paste out of it.
7) Coat the cheese stick with paste, next roll it into bread crumbs. Again coat it with paste and roll it with bread crumbs, repeat one more time.
8) Place it into an airtight container, it can be stored for up to a day in fridge.
9) Heat up oil and deep fry it until golden, on medium flame.
10) Transfer it on to kitchen towel to soak excess oil.
11) Serve it along with green chutney.
Which is that one appetites of yours that you love to serve the most when you have friends over at your place ? Please share that with me in the comments below, if possible do leave a link to your recipe. I would love to read it. 😀