Picture credit -> www.womentowomen.com
Here at “Ritzflavours” I would be dividing Kitchen must haves into Three section:
- Freezer must haves
- Refrigerator must haves
- Pantry must haves
Here are 22 things that I store as a backup in my Freezer and Refrigerator so I am never without them. Most of my weeknight meals are planed from it.
I would encourage you to try out new things from the list below. DO NOT buy them in bulk for the first time, get the smallest packing introduce it to your family. By doing this you would not be wasting your money on unnecessary things.
- Peeled ginger
- Minced garlic
- Cut veggies like green onions, carrots, peas, corn, broccoli, beans, spouts ( You can easily make a side dish with it to be served along with rice, chappati, paratha, bread. )
- It can be used to make curry when combined with other frozen veggies, tomato puree and onion puree.
- Add it to make sandwich like Cucumber sandwich.
- Cottage cheese can be stuffed inside Chapatis along with veggies to make Cottage cheese and veggie wraps.
3. Patties made out of Veggie or Rajma
Picture source: www.chdmart.com
- It can be served as a snack, or as a side dish.
- Stuff it between whole meal bread along with veggies to make instant sandwiches, burger or wraps made by using left over chappatis.
- Fill it inside pita bread, along with veggies and drizzle of Homemade Hummus.
- Use it as kofta – dip it in red gravy and serve it along with rice and chappatis.
4. Home made Pizza base and Marinara sauce
- Make veggie or cheese pizza with the sauce.
- Make bread pizza with same sauce.
- Sauce can also be added to cooked pasta to make an Instant meal.
- Add the sauce to make Mexican red bean rice.
- Add it to left over rice along with chick peas flour and other spices to make fitters.
5. Instant Home made Upma mix
It comes very handy while travelling, or if your husband wants to treat you some day ask him to try his hand on this. 😉 all you need to do is to add frozen veggies, buttermilk, Salt and turmeric bring it to boil, add upma mix and let it simmer.
6. Tomato purée and Onion paste
Every weekend spend about 30 mins, to make . All these can be stored freezer in an airtight container. Make sure you are using clean and separate spoon for each paste every time to increase its self life.
7. Frozen berries
Picture source: www.movenourishbelieve.com
Stock up on blue berries, raspberries and strawberries add them to your morning oats meal breakfast ,make a smoothie from it or garnish it on cakes or any other deserts.
Picture source: www.gourmetsleuth.com
It comes handy to make samosa, spring rolls, pizza wheels, cheese twists, Pesto and cheese rolls possibility are endless.
REFRIGERATOR MUST HAVES:
9. Fresh vegetable
Lady finger, Bottle gourd, Cabbage, Bell pepper, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Egg plant, Lemon and more ( Only buy those that you are planning to use for coming week)
Spinach, Salad leaves, Lettuce and more to make salads
11. Fresh herbs
Picute source: cuisinicity.com
Coriander leaves, Fresh parsley, Curry leaves, Basil and more
12. Milk To make hot chocolate, tea , coffee
Picture source: en.wikipedia.org
They are my favourite, It is a fun way to serve sandwich.
14. Margarine –
Picutre source: desserts.wikia.com
Unsalted butter, cheese spread and more
15. Low fat cheese
Picture source: healthyrecipes.wikia.com
16. Flavoured yogurt
Picture source: www.herworldplus.com
- Have it as a side by itself.
- Snack on it around 4 pm.
- Add it in overnight oatmeal breakfast.
- Freeze it along with other berries in ice tray for a sweet treat.
17. Curd – Make buttermilk, raitas, kadhi, spreads, dips and dressing.
18. Fruit juice –
Picture source: juliueti.blog.com
Made out to fruits 100%
19. Seasonal fruits
Apples, grapes, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi and more they are great for a snack. Do pack one to your work every day.
20. Salad dressing
Thousand island, blue cheese dressing, mayonnaise, musted and more
21. Ready made sauce – Tamari or Soya sauce, hot chilli sauce, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar.
Here, come an END to my list of must have, Do you store any thing other than these ? What is that thing, do share with me.
If you have any suggestions or queries do feel free to leave your comments, they would be highly appreciated.
Next week I will be back with List of Pantry Must haves.