By now you would have known that I completely believe in staying at home and nurturing my son and at the same time I even know how to enjoy my life. Last Saturday I had a date with my Girl Friends when we visited Clarke quay.
As Colaba and Bandra is to Mumbai and Soho to London, so is Clarke Quay to Singapore. Clarke quay is situated at the banks of Singapore River, It was one of the busiest trade centre in early 1800’s. Now it has been refurbished to house restaurants, cafes and nightclubs. At the entrance of Clark quay is Reverse bungee one of it’s kind in Singapore which attracts adrenaline junkies all the time. (I mean even at 3 am). We can spot all kind of different people enjoying their carefree lives.
That day we hopped at many restaurants enjoying delicious food with live music in backdrop of beautifully light river. Finally ended up dancing to our hearts content [ Read it as “Until our leg started hurting from heels” 😉 ] at the newest Bollywood club in town “Maziga”. It was a memorable evening spent with lovely and crazy company.
Next day morning when I woke up, and saw adorable face of my sleeping baby, I thought to myself, how he would have missed me yesterday night. So I decided to give make him a treat. ( Last night I did bring a T-shirt with car and light for him from a fancy wagon. ) Still a mother’s Love is endless, I made Mac and Cheese Sandwich for my little love. Though I am a fan of Healthy eating, but I can indulge once in a while. You should definitely try this for once before you die. 🙂 For sure this is going to be a big hit for cheese lovers of all age group.
Mac and cheese is comfort food for me, as it is easy and quick to make, and is super delicious. I love to have just by itself as well. What else can you ask for? You are not yet convinced to make it? Hear this out, we are NOT going to use any electronic appliance to make it like oven, toaster or sandwich maker. We will make it on Pan. I am sure you are in for it by now.
While making this you would also get chance to redeem your gym membership. You did not get me? We need to grate lots of cheese. So your hands are going to get a free work out. Not to mention post muscle ache. It is all worth the effort.
Here is a complete guide on “How to make Mac and Cheese sandwich“
Ingredients (Makes 3 sandwiches)
200 grams Elbow macaroni or any of your choice (cooked according to
instructions on packet)
200 grams processed cheese (or any of your choice)
200 ml milk
1 1/2 table soon all purpose flour
Salt to taste
1 tea spoon Peppercorn powder
1/2 tea spoon sugar
1 table spoon bread crumbs
1 table spoon butter (More for toasting )
6 slice of Cheese
6 slice of bread
1) In a medium sized heavy bottom pan, add 1 table spoon of butter, once it melts add all purpose flour, salt, black peppercorn powder and sugar.
2) Roast it until flour is roasted and aroma from spice fills the air.
3) Add milk and stir it until flour blend with milk, next add cheese and cook the sauce for 3-4 minuets, constantly stirring it.
4) Add cooked macaroni and bread crumbs and cook.
5) Turn off the stove when you see bubbles forming in the sauce. As seen in picture.
Mac and cheese is ready.
6) To make sandwich, add butter and toast two bread slice from one side.
7) Again add butter and flip both bread, place a slice of cheese on one bread.
8) Spread thick layer of Mac and cheese on it.
9) Place another slice of cheese. And cover with bread slice. Toast sandwich until golden brown. Serve hot.
Enjoy this Rhylisious super cheesy sandwich 🙂
Tip : Mac and cheese sandwich tastes good with White bread, but if we want to make it a bit low on calories, use Multi grain bread and bread crumbs.