Hey, It’s Tuesday again… Last week flew away very fast. I am here with Part 3 of my “Beat the Heat” Series. To keep the glazing sun Offshore Try “Figs and Dates Shake”. As a child I never liked to have dried figs but I enjoyed having dates, so my mother tricked me by blending both along with Ice cream and Coco. I use to have it without any complaints. My childhood days are long gone, but I still love it. It is my favourite cold treat for sunny days. It has health benefits with qualities of a Lovely treat. Speaking of health benefits I would like to share a few benefits of figs and dates with you.
- Figs are packed with dietary fibres which help to improve digestion.
- Figs are low on calories, so if you are watching your weight this is an Ideal snack.
- Figs and dates both are high on iron contents it helps to fight against anaemia.
- Dates are very healthy to consume in pregnancy.
- Dates have high content of Magnesium and potassium that helps to reduce blood pressure.
I hope, while indulging in this one you would not be too guilty. If you are looking for a complete healthy option, avoid Ice cream and use low fat milk. I like to have it for my breakfast. It is filling and tasty way to kick start a day.
To make this super beneficial and delicious shake, Soak dates and figs in milk for more than two hours or overnight. In a food blender add: Milk, Coco powder, green cardamom powder, vanilla ice cream, soaked dates and figs. Blend them all together. Serve it in a tall glass, add chopped Almonds (Walnuts can also be an option). Top it with a scoop of Vanilla/Chocolate Ice cream. Indulge yourself.
I hope I am able to keep up my promise of bringing easy and interesting ways to stay cool this summer. Make this for your loved ones or yourself and save a trip to ice cream parlour. For other tasty and easy drinks visit my “Beat the Heat” page.
Here is a complete guide to “How to beat the heat with Fig and Dates Thick Shake”
“Ingredients” (Makes 1 glass)
5 seedless dates
3 dried figs
350 ml milk
3 scoop vanilla/chocolate ice cream (separated)
pinch of green cardamom powder
1/2 tea spoon coco powder
1 table spoon Chopped almonds
- Soak figs and dates in milk for two hours or more.
- In a food processor Blend milk, Coco powder, Green cardamom powder, Ice cream (2 scoop), Soaked dates and figs.
- While serving pour the mixture, Add chopped Almonds top it with a scoop of Ice cream.
Trust me, this is going to appeal kids as well as adults, as it has flavours loved by all generation. Try this Rhyliciuos drink now.