Green chutney is famous, flavourful and luscious Indian condiment made using coriander, curry leaves and chillies as its base. Along with peanuts, chick peas and coconut to give it thick and rough texture. These ingredients also add to its nutritional value.
Unique ways to savour it:
1) Combine with plain potato chips to make an irresistible snack.
2) Pair with sprouts and veggies for healthy, tasty snack.
3) It goes well with baked potatoes.
Best part about green chutney:
1) It is very easy and quick to make.
2) All we have to do is assemble all ingredients and churn.
3) It requires no cooking.
4) It is a one bowl recipe (Less utensils to wash).
5) It can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator for 3-4 days. (Depending on content of water and lemon juice.) When stored in an airtight container in freezer it can stay fresh for 1 month.
Here is a complete guide to “How to make Green Chutney“.
1 cup coriander / fresh parsley
6-7 curry leaves
3 green chillies
1 table spoon coconut
1 tea spoon cumin
2 table spoon lemon juice
1 tea spoon sugar
2 tea spoon salt
150 ml of water
1) Assemble all the Ingredients.
2) Take a small mixture jar, add all indigents listed under “to churn” to it.
Churn it for about 2-3 mins.
3) Add 150 ml of water and, churn it again until you attain the texture shown in picture.
4) Add salt to taste.
Green chutney is prepared, give it a taste and adjust spice level according to your pallet.